Sunday, November 25, 2007

Momentary Eternity (draft)

Time doesn’t exist.

For a split-second, an eternity, we are here. And I know that somehow, oddly, we have always been here, really, and we always will be.

But then life is racing again, and I don’t know how, or why, or when we were ever there. I’m caught up in the madness. The world is ever lasting, and it is finite. And I’ve lost touch of you, and I’ve lost touch of earth, of memory.

Who am I?

Where am I?

Why am I?

Then you’re back and I’m beside you again. Life is momentarily suspended. I am in Limbo, meaninglessly living with all the import of the world. I don’t know how long we’ve been here, nor for how long we will be. But it doesn’t matter, because I’m with you. None of it matters.

Then you are gone again and I don’t remember you leaving. I search all existence for the memory. I need to know why you’ve left, where you are. I discover nothing. Life is empty. Life is vast, it stretches out in front of me, it engulfs me. It is suffocating. I am lost. I am lost, trapped in a momentary eternity.

No comments: